Detailing Italeri’s Sd.Kfz. 186 Jagdtiger “331” – Part 2 Armour In Progress by Braille Sergeant - August 17, 2011October 17, 20114 In this second installment we’ll continue detailing Italeri’s #7030 Jagdtiger model kit with aluminum sheet scratchbuilt details and a little help from the spares drawer.In our previous article of “Detailing Italeri’s Sd.Kfz. 186 Jagdtiger” we assembled, improved or modified the basic parts of the kit by using plastic sheet and mesh. In this installment we will go a step forward and use something else; aluminium sheet, A.K.A. tin, A.K.A. beer can!. For those of you looking for an excuse to kit the liquour store, or if you are under age, it works equally well with soda cans. Just empty or drink the contents, wash the can, cut it with a good quality heavy duty pair of scissors or with a heavy duty cutter. Warning: Exercise maximum care with this material as it is really sharp, so handle with care!. Let’s get to it! The spare track link hooks at the side of the hull were made using aluminum sheet. Decided to add the front fender hinges in my Jagdtiger model so I did it rolling the same aluminium from the beer can over a 0,3mm aluminium wire and superglued in place on both sides. Thin strips of aluminium dress the undersides of the damaged front fender. I added all the rest of the welded on pieces and accessories, pioneer tool and fender attachment points made from previously drilled plastic card. The kit spare track links are molded backwards and looks nothing like the real thing. So I resorted to my spare box from some spare links out of Dragon’s Kingtiger. I had to drill the wholes in place but once in place they are wonderful and much better than the original parts. Tow cables were made using twisted cooper wire with rolled aluminium ends glued to the kit loop parts. I decided to use just one and left it attached to the front shackle as if it was used recently. The back was left a bit unattended and looked kinda plain, so I decided to scratchbuild a fender using aluminium. I created this much like the rest of the parts, rolling aluminium sheet over thin wire to create the hinges and cutting/drilling for the rest of the details. All the parts were glued together with Cyano glue. Once in place it adds a lot of detail to that part of the model.