Time is at a premium at home since my wife is 6 months pregnant (a boy! at last!) and there are a lot of chores to help her with around the house, however I managed to get some more work done on the Revell 1/72 Panther Ausf. G, specially on the hull part.
Check the part #1 of this Work In Progress: http://www.blitz72.com/2012/wip-revell-panther-ausf-g/
The spare track rails were done using soda (pop) can and some of the pioner tools on the left side where scrounged from the Dragon kit (much better than the Revell parts I might say). Also the vent on the top was hollowed out, and the hatch handles were remove to be replace with thin wire.
Last but not least the tank I want to depict has the flame damper echausts with the hood on top (I can make only one in the picture) so I had to hollow a left-over sprue to build the hood over the revell part. This part is a late war adition aimed at hidding the flame glow on the exhaust at night.
All in all there are 81 parts on this model that didn’t came with the kit, to 15 kit parts I used so far… and 1 Dragon part from the spares… no wonder I can only build a couple a year!!!
Hope you enjoy this update!!!